CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where's the Party???



What a fun filled weekend...at least for one of  us...  Let's just say, my (almost) three year old daughter has more of a 
social life than I do.  The problem is, I am involved in her social life and I get worn out a LOT faster.  
Friday night, Riley and I went over to our neighbor's house for dinner.  Riley and her very good friend, J.P. played like they hadn't seen each other in years.  I'm sure it felt that way to them, but really it had only been about a week.  Although they both had a great time, Riley got overly tired and had a hard time going to bed that night.  She is too much like her mother in that since...when I get too tired, it can be harder to go to sleep, so instead, we just cry...
Saturday, we got up to go get birthday presents for all her parties.  You would think that buying birthday presents for a little girl the same age as your little girl would be easy, but at this age...their interests and clothes sizes vary SO much, it was harder than you may think.  
I was really excited because this  going to be the first classmate birthday party that I had taken Riley to.  In addition, it was going to be my first time to Chuck E. Cheese since I was her age. 
The party started at 4:00 and at about 4:01, I realized WHY I hadn't been back to Chuck E. Cheese in so long.  There were about 4 other parties going on, plus the regular customers.  Kids were everywhere and I couldn't even hear myself think.  
I know what you are thinking...Christina, you are a teacher, you deal with that everyday...at least that is what a friend of mine told me...  Let me clarify!  First of all, I only have 20 kids in my class, I have structure and consequences for those who aren't following directions, and I am not hyping them up on sugar from cake and sodas!  
Although I was excited to take Riley to her first birthday party, I also wanted to see what the expectations were for a three year olds birthday party since we will be having one very soon.  I tell you one thing...Chuck E. Cheese has been taken off the list of opportunities...  (Unless I can take in a box-o-wine with me!)
I have attached a few pictures of Riley having fun.  Of course, trying to be prepared, I put the camera battery in the charger before leaving for the party, and then realized I had the camera, but not the battery when we arrived.  Therefore, these pictures were taken with my phone and aren't as clear as I would have liked.
This will be the first of many I am sure.  
In fact, Darryl took her to another birthday party today (Sunday).  A bowling party.  

No comments: