CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dancin' Queen

Pretty much since I found out that Riley was old enough to be in dance classes, I have been trying to convince Darryl to agree to put her in.  We decided at the beginning of the year, we would go ahead and enroll her.  Luckily, the classes are held at her school once a week on Tuesdays.  Last Tuesday, when I dropped her off, I inquired about them...I was informed Riley could attend one class for free to see how she would do.  When I picked her up that afternoon, her dance teacher was still there.  As I expected, our little Riley is a natural!  The teacher said most of the time, children cry and leave the first day...no, not Riley, she got right in there, started dancing and proceeded telling other children how to do the steps.  I am not sure where she has gotten all her confidence from :)  The only complaint from Riley was that she wasn't allowed to make up her own dance...

SO...we got home that evening and she wanted to "practice".  She was a little irritated that mom didn't have the music that her teacher had, but she did due with what I had.  I have attached a little clip of our upcoming star!  Our little Riley's dancing debut will be held June 7th!  Mark your calendars :)  This is going to be something you DO NOT want to miss.  

1 comment:

Jody Harrington said...

Oh, where, oh, where could that stage presence be coming from?????