CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Proud Sister

I have always been proud of my sister.  We are so alike, yet so different.  Our biggest differences are her strengths!  She has known since she was in 4th grade (maybe sooner) that she was going to be a performer.  Since that decision was made, she has been THE most focused person I know.  She knew what she wanted and she has strived for over 20 years to make it happen.  She is constantly amazing me!!! Her most recent accomplishment was last week.  She spent about 2 weeks in New York because she had been chosen to study under Marylin Horne in her Master Class.  If you are like me, you don't really understand how TRULY AMAZING THAT IS!!!  However, it was brought more into focus when my mother sent me a few pictures...    
Let me explain... 
 The first two pictures are of Catherine pointing to HER name on the marquee in front of Carnegie Hall... YES, you read correctly, Carnegie Hall!!!
 
The last two are of her O
N STAGE  at Carnegie Hall.  They aren't the best be
cause it isn't encouraged to take pictures (To say the least).  
Like I said...she continues to AMAZE me!  I am so proud!!!  If you are smart, you will save these pictures and when she is even MORE famous, you can say you have a picture of Catherine Martin!  I love you Catherine!!! You are truly an inspiration!!!

1 comment:

Averill said...

I'm definitely a proud cousin! I'm so excited to go see her perform tomorrow in the HGO finals.

Goodness...and to think someday I'll be able to say that she sang at my wedding.

Bravissima, Catherine!