CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Be Thankful!

So lately, I have been in a little bit of a funk.  I have been down because people who were once closest to me have shown me that everyone is human and even those you care for the most will hurt you sometimes.

HOWEVER...the pity party is over.

I realize that being in a funk is all about attitude and I have allowed myself to feel this way.  I took Riley out of school for the week because I figured it would be a great time to have a little quality time together, she would keep me busy (what I need right now), and I would save a little money.  I was right.  She has brightened my week more than I can ever say.  The things that seem so important, really aren't.  Riley is so happy all the time and she is constant reminder and inspiration of how I want to live my life.  I need to be a role model for her and live the way I hope she chooses to live.  Being thankful for the things that you do have, and not dwelling on the things you don't.  With that said, I have compiled a list of some of the things I am most thankful for.

I am thankful for my precious, healthy, hilarious, little girl.  
I am thankful for my health.
I am thankful that I am almost done with school.
I am thankful for my family who lives in town and helps me all the time.
I am thankful for my sister who is not in town, but a constant inspiration.
I am thankful for a stable job that I have found pride and joy in.
I am thankful for my friends who support me.
I am thankful for challenges that make me a stronger person.
I am thankful for my faith.
I am thankful for much more, but some things you can't express in words.

So next time you are feeling sorry for yourself (and lets face it, most of us do at some point) remember all the things that are positive in your life.  It is a good exercise to make you realize things aren't as bad as you may think...

1 comment:

Annie said...

Exceptionally well said, dearheart. Love you, and love that hilarious, happy daughter of yours too. :)

CONGRATS ON SCHOOL!