CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

It's AMAZING what can happen in two short weeks...


Good News First:
Thanksgiving was great.  I hope you all had a wonderful time as well.  Riley and I went over to my mom's house for dinner. Ben's sister and brother came over to celebrate with us as well.  We had never met them before so that was nice.  The only one missing was Auntie Catherine, but she was there in spirit.  We are looking forward to her being here at Christmas.
The Longhorns won the game against the Aggies so we gained bragging rights for another 
year...yea!  
As of 
December 3rd, I am officially done with my grad school classes and have a Master's in Educational Leadership.  I will begin looking for an administrative job in 
January and hopefully acquire one for the fall.
Saturday, December 6, Riley and I had Mom and Ben over for dinner and we decorated cookies.  Riley had a blast and some of the icing even ended up on the cookie.  Definitely a perk of living in Texas...we were able to take on this craft outside!  She loved every minute of it, and I must say, dinner wasn't bad either...
Prayer Request:
Last Sunday (November 30), Darryl's dad was hanging light on his house so that Santa would know where his house was for Riley.  As he was hanging lights, he fell off his ladder and hit his face pretty hard.  After calling an ambulance, he was taken to the hospital where they ran routine tests to make 
sure he had not sustained any injuries from the fall.  Although there were no injuries cause by the fall, the doctors did find a mass in his brain and decided to transfer him to downtown Austin where he would undergo surgery the next Tuesday (December 2nd).  What they found was a stage four malignant brain tumor.  Doctors removed what they could, but assure the family the the tumor will return and prognosis is not good.  I have been in close contact with Darryl, and his dad is now home and feeling better.  He is eating more and getting around a little more.  However, the next few months are going to be very trying on the family, especially Danielle and Darryl.  Please keep Courtney, Danielle, Darryl, and Riley in your prayers.  I will keep you updated as I hear more.  



3 comments:

Jody Harrington said...

Congratulations on finishing your master's degree! We're so proud of you. I'm sure you'll be a great principal.

I'm very sorry about Darren's dad. Mike's mother had the same thing. I'll keep him and the family in my prayers.

Aunt Josi

Tracy N. said...

I know this will be random, but I was reading your blog from my friend Amy's (Lone Star Low Down) and saw the picture of Darrel's dad. We happen to sit a few seats from him at the Longhorn games and I recognized him immediately. We send our prayers to him and your family.

Tracy Negrete

Amy H said...

that is terrible news about Daryl's dad. I'm so sorry for Riley.

Isn't it amazing how God works? I really hope that He ensured that the tumor would be found so that it could be treated.

please keep us posted!!