CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Extreme Makeover Home Edition

So I have finally started the two weeks of summer vacation that I have.  And now, the first week has gone by in a flash!!!  My neighbor Tom and I worked on my back yard the first part of the week and finally finished the walkway from the deck to the gate.  I will have pictures for you shortly, but because I didn't think about posting until now, it is too dark to take pictures.  I will post before and after pictures though and although it isn't that much, the transformation is amazing!!!  I also got new furniture from my mom in the living room and repainted my bedroom.  Needless to say, it has been a busy week and I sort of feel like I have a brand new house!  It's fun and every time Riley comes home from school she is commenting on "Mom's new carpet," "Mom's new bed," etc...
I have one more week before teachers go back to work.  It is just enough time for me to be ready!  I would NEVER be a good stay at home mom.  I am too much of a busy body to not work.  Once summer school teaching was over, the home renovations began! By the way, summer school was a challenge, but very rewarding and I would definitely do it again!  I really enjoyed working with those kids and I am proud to say that EVERY kid legitimately passed 6th grade math!!!  
Tomorrow is the beginning of my last week of freedom.  I am not sure what I am going to do, but I am sure I will keep busy!  I seem to be good at it.  Stay posted and I will have pictures for you soon.
Riley is still doing great!!!  She is constantly cracking me up.  For example... we were in the backyard last week and I had just bought her a new blow up pool.  She was swinging and commenting about her "New, blue, pool."  I told her mama bought her the new pool and she turns to me and seriously says, "Mama, I'm so proud of you."  I laughed out loud!!!  Then the other morning, when she woke up I asked her if she slept well.  Usually she says yes and that is the end of the conversation, however, on this particular morning, she looks up at me and says, "almost."  Where does she come up with these things?  Too funny!  
More to come...

No comments: