CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

All Alone

This is the first official weekend of summer for teachers and Riley has been in Austin with her Paw Paw and Auntie Danielle since Thursday.  Thursday afternoon I cleaned the garage top to bottom and got rid of the dog crate that was in there.  The dogs had left about two months ago, but the crate was just something I hadn't gotten a chance to get to.  So I was able to take out my aggressions and destroy it pretty quickly.  However, what was left behind was probably the most unsanitary thing I have ever seen.  I will spare you the details, but I was pretty furious that Riley had been exposed to that situation!  Anyway, it is clean now and way more organized than it has ever been.  I hadn't cleaned it since I have lived here (almost 5 years).  It has been cleaned, but not by me so there were many little treasures (if you want to call them that) that I didn't even know were in there... That was Thursday.
Friday, I spent the day cleaning the house from top to bottom.  I like to do that when Riley is away for a few reasons... I can do it a LOT faster, it will stay clean a LOT longer, and I can take a nap when I am done if I get too tired :).  
Saturday I didn't really do much.  However, I worked up some courage and headed out for an evening alone!  I have NEVER gone out by myself, but it was actually pretty fun.  The first 45 minutes or so I was a little anxious and nervous, but then I realized I really didn't have anything to be anxious about.  Riley was in good hands and I had no responsibilities but for myself!  SO, I went to Wild Fish.  It is a new restaurant/bar close to my house.  It has phenomenal food and a great atmosphere.  I was there until about 10:30 that evening so I guess I had figured out how to relax.  I think I will go out alone again.  I am becoming secure enough to do that...
Sunday, I went the grocery store, cooked some food for the week for Riley and I, mowed the yard, and took a nap.  Now I am just waiting on the arrival of my little doodlebug to get home!  I have missed her and can't wait to see her.  She starts swimming lessons tomorrow at he school so she will be excited to start the week.  I start back to Grad. School tomorrow, but it is only for 4 weeks so it won't be as bad as last summer.  
Unfortunately since I didn't have Riley this weekend, I don't have any pictures to share.  Really she is the only reason you are looking at this blog in the first place :).  Stay tuned and I will get some more pictures up soon.
Have a great week!

No comments: