CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Falling Behind!



I am falling a little behind on my "weekly" posts, but I told you that would happen :)  Happy Belated Father's Day to all of you fathers who may be reading my blog.  I was lucky enough to have my dad and step-mom over for dinner on father's day.  My dad is one of those people who is VERY hard to buy anything for so I decided to cook him dinner instead.  I made all of his favorite dishes which included "Yum Yum Chicken" and "Chocolate Pie."  We also had a nice salad and watermelon (which was pretty much devoured by Riley).  I was very glad that my sister got to join us and Riley was the entertainment (you're shocked I am sure).  
All of this was after returning from Cuero where I attended one of my best friend's sister's wedding (did you get that).  We went down on Friday, helped set up and decorate the reception hall, went to the rehearsal dinner, and then attended the wedding on Saturday.  I had a lot of fun and really got to experience the "small town life."  Apparently it was pretty obvious that I wasn't from around there because everywhere I went people asked me what I was in town for.  It was a blast though and a beautiful wedding as well.  
Now we are almost halfway into another week of grad school for the summer.  Things are going pretty well and as soon as this week is over, not only will I be half way done, but most of the assignments that are required will be completed too.  That will be nice.  I am hoping to teach 6th grade math during summer school for the second half of the summer, but I haven't heard if enrollment was high enough yet so we will see.  If  I don't teach second summer session, I'm not really sure what I will do, but I am sure I will find plenty to occupy my time :).  
Anyway, that is all that has really happened since my last post.  I have included some pictures of Riley and her friend Brock swimming.  I am sure you are starting to think that is all she does (pretty close).  Have a good rest of the week and stay posted!

No comments: