CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

WHY?????

For about 3 1/2 years, my father has been telling me that Riley is a spitting image of her mother. I always took that as a compliment and hoped it would continue... About a year ago, he mentioned a phase in my life, when I was about 3, when every other word that came out of my mouth was, "Why?" Now when he was relaying this fond memory of my childhood to me, he didn't have the loving and longing look in his eye he normally does when he is remenicing about the past. I couldn't understand "Why?" that could be....
NOW I KNOW "WHY?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mama, WHY we aren't going to the gym?"
"Mama, WHY you have to water the grass again?"
"Mama, WHY we have to brush our teeth?"
"Mama, WHY I not going to school today?"
"Mama, WHY you being mean to me?"
"Mama, WHY you tell me no?"
"Mama, WHY WHY WHY..................

I am VERY proud of my precious girl for being so curious, and I know it will pay off in the long run, but there are days I want to change my name! Today was one of those days.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

She is something else! ;-) It's funny, because she also is the spitting image of my Mom's side of the family. I can't tell you how many people tell me that she resembles me (which is funny, I guess I have to quit telling people I am adopted! Ha!) She has peppered me with many why questions in recent weeks. I usually say I don't know. Why? She doesn't like that! ;-)